Automated Roadway Debris VACuum System
What is This System?
Designed as an attachment for the ARDVAC, it replaces the nozzle with another designed with two hedge trimmers. One trimmer can articulate to the vertical and the other trimmer rotates by means of a second motor. The nozzle is controlled from within the cab via a joystick.
When to Use This System?
This system can be used to cut back overgrown bushes along the highway using both the vertical and horizontal cutting orientations. It has the ability to cut a 7 ft swath clear strip along the side of the road. It may also be useful cutting down vegetation in v-type ditches.
- Operator Safety
- Can reach hard to get areas
- 7 ft cutting width
- Material vacuumed up as it is cut
- Limited to nothing bigger than small woody vegetation
- See ARDVAC Main Page for more information
- Currently Undergoing Prototype Testing