Towable Flame Burner
Image of Flame Engineering Poultry House Flame Sanitizer
What is This System?
This system is a multi-nozzle, towable version of the handheld torch system. There are two main configurations, row crop and alfalfa flamers. The system applies a flame of 2000 degrees F, directly to the vegetation. The alfalfa flaming configuration would be better suited to wide area treatments.
When to Use This System?
It is most effective to use flaming when the vegetation is relatively small, 1-4 inches tall. A slow walking pace is usually sufficient when applying the flame, burning vegetation until it is blackened is not necessary. For best results, repeat applications may be needed. Vegetation that is much larger than 4 inches may require extended exposure to the flame for desired results.
- Improved application time compared to the handheld system
- Provides for wide area coverage.
- Best for vegetation smaller than 4 inches
- Increased fire risk with dry vegetation
- Alfalfa configuration equipment